Asst. Prof. Sibel TarÄ±yan Özyer Office: L-204 E mail: email@example.com
The course covers routing algorithms and their configuration in deep. This includes both static and dynamic routing algorithms.
The topics covered in static routing are:
- Building the routing table.
- Path determination
- Switching functions of a router.
In dynamic routing the topics are:
- Metrics and administrative distances.
- Distance Vector Routing Protocols: RIPv1 and RIPv2.
- EIGRP operation and configuration.
- Link-State Routing Protocols: OSPFv2 operation and configuration.
The course also covers variable length subnet masking and CIDR, configuring and troubleshooting network devices and resolving common issues with data link protocols.
Chapter Exams (30%), Midterm/Project (30%), Final (40%)